102 Argumentative Essay Topics for A- Students
“Are after-class assignments necessary for students?” This topic is an example of an excellent argumentative paper topic.
The argumentative essay is a college level essay that students may tackle in the class setting or as homework. Argumentative essays help to gauge the writer’s mastery of English and their ability to think critically.
They are also used to check the student’s arguments on various issues and their grasp of specific concepts.
Quickly go through this piece to understand the teacher’s grading rubric. Keep reading to see a list of debatable argumentative topics in various categories.
Effective Ways to Choose Argumentative Essay Topics
Many events in the modern world can form the basis of your topic. We are surrounded by technological advancements, political debates, economical movements to name a few. These can provide vital topics for an argumentative essay
Selecting a topic is one of the most critical stages of your essay writing process. However, your teacher might pick a topic for you or the class. Coming up with a topic on your own is quite mind-torturing.
When writing a critical composition, it is advisable to pick contradictive topics. This will help you provide various views in the paper to defend the different ideas within. This approach is quite impressive to the reader.
Refrain from selecting argument essay topics touching on moral matters as they do not allow for logical analysis. Up-to-date argumentative article topics are better since they are relevant to the society.
An excellent debate article should have an analysis as well as fair criticism of several issues. Whenever you want to write something against a particular claim, ensure that you back your stance with solid evidence/ proof. Failure to do this will result in an article that does not persuade your instructor. In turn, you are bound to get low scores.
Students on the path to attaining business administration degrees (BBA or MBA) have to examine and analyze the adeptness of various marketing or HRM strategies to identify the most efficient approaches. Nursing students and healthcare professionals must scrutinize and discuss the performance of multiple modes of treatment.
After picking your topic, you need to have the five types of arguments at the back of your head throughout your writing. Begin with working on the action plan or academic paper outline. Make sure that your work adheres to the stipulated formatting when writing.
Click on this link to go to the 102 argumentative essay topics. Alternatively, keep reading through to the end and not miss a bit of valuable advice this article is laden with.
Useful Guide to Students on the Principles of Formatting Academic Papers
When writing, credit all the sources separately. Make notes on the side every instant that you add a new quote. This information will assist you to formulate a bibliography list quickly when you need it. It is essential to pay attention to formatting as it accounts for 1/3 of final your grade!
College students use an array of academic writing styles when compared to their counterparts in middle and high school students. These include:
- MLA (Modern Language Association)
- APA (American Psychological Association)
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- ACS (American Chemical Society)
Argumentative essays frequently use APA. However, this depends on the particular subject in college. APA is applied in Social Sciences, Psychology, and Philosophy.
Are you a History student? If yes, Harvard format is the way to go. Religious Studies, Theology, Anthropology use Turabian/Chicago style. Our counterparts researching in computer science researchers use the IEEE referencing format. Chemistry geeks ought to use ACS formatting for their papers. Often, the instructor will stipulate the style to apply for your essays. If they do not, just remember these tips.
Before you write the first sentence of your article, it is imperative to carry out further research on academic paper styles. Get a hold of templates since they have tons of information on the various formatting aspects.
Make sure the indents, margins, font, and font’s size adhere to the required formatting styles. Each formatting style is unique in two ways. First; each style has a distinctive approach to referencing. Second; in-text citations may either use numbers or author-date style.
As an amateur writer, you can use free online citation generators. Use the details from your selected sources which are usually free of charge. Add the automatically generated references to your work.
Excellent Examples of Good Argumentative Essay Topics & Ideas
Learn how to formulate an efficient essay topic! To achieve a compelling topic, you need to concentrate on a single issue rather than using several thoughts which tend to confuse the reader.
Read the advice from a professional educational expert below:
I was impressed with an assignment as well as with the timely manner in which it was accomplished. Thanks for a perfect understanding of my instructions and creative approach. Highly recommend!
Hey! Amazing job! I just want to let you know how satisfied I’m with your company. So many tasks keep bombarding me from different sides. For sure, I’ll get back to you!
Thank you so much, guys! My professor approved the term paper, and I just have no words to express all my joy and gratitude. I love how the writer composed my project and formatted it. Besides, all my requirements were followed. Thank!!!
“A concise, informative and debatable thesis is the purpose of an argumentative article. It is challenging to tackle various issues at a single time since your readers may be thrown off during the reading or may lose interest. Additionally, academic papers are limited lengthwise. The more the topics you want to cover, the more extra details come up. I suggest that you refrain from argumentative essay topics derived from national/global issues. These typically need more pages. If you pick an extensive subject, narrow it down by eliminating descriptions and futile examples.
The four characteristics of excellent argumentative essay topics are summarized in these letters; CDRM.
C – Current
D – Debatable
R – Researchable
M – Manageable
Lastly, excellent argument article topics are consistently passionate!”
Yale’s Literature and Arts Professor, Tara Christianson,
Familiarize yourself with the list of persuasive piece ideas! Go through the exhaustive list of critical thinking composition topics for students regardless of specialization. These are the most favored titles. Feel free to modify them accordingly.
Check Out Our Online Academic Services
Examples of Argumentative Essay Topics for College
- What should be modified in the current taxation system?
- Shakespeare: Man or Myth?
- Are CEOs and Project Managers overpaid?
- Are colleges admitting too many students?
- Are test scores a reliable indicator of individual competency?
- The Role of Gender and Military service
- Why are left-handed guitar players better than right-handed players?
- Must all religions exist?
- What are the reasons for the burgeoning number of teenage mothers?
- What happens after death?
Samples of Easy Argumentative Essay Topics
- My favorite type music
- Was Depp the best choice for Burton’s “Ed Wood”?
- Is particular fashion essential in today’s world?
- Are girls too mean when compared to boys?
- Are humans the cause global climate change?
- Polygamy is natural; it’s not an evil vice
- Do philosophers succeed in life?
- Is art a real profession?
- For how long should a modern film last?
- What is the real meaning of “love”?
Examples of Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
- Is the US election process credible?
- Should animals be subjects of experiments/testing?
- Is the death penalty necessary?
- Do religious factions result in war?
- The intricacies of politics in the British government
- Celebrities tend to flop their political careers
- There is too much corruption everywhere today
- Politics is all around us and a filthy endeavor
- Hillary Clinton could be a better US President than Trump
- Negative and Positive Effects of feminism
Social Media Argumentative Essay Topics Samples
- Essential factors of modifying consumer behavior fast
- Should girls ask boys out first?
- Should cigarettes be on the market?
- Is our society lost?
- Should companies market to children?
- What is the best substitute for Twitter?
- Can you get a job through using a LinkedIn Profile?
- Should the authorities view private profiles?
- Are popular online activists cowards in real life?
- Can someone earn a living through YouTube?
Argumentative Essay Topics: Technology Students Choice Goes To
- Are cell phones hazardous?
- Are mobile phone spy apps an invasion of privacy?
- Are the young of today too dependent on computers?
- Are there any fair online lotteries?
- Is TypeScript the way to go for front-end development?
- Are teenagers of the modern era reliant on Information Technologies?
- Do we still require mobile phones?
- How do human beings get through the eras of technological explosion?
- Do corporations have the ability to create chips to control their employees?
- What will the future world look like technologically?
Examples of Argumentative Essay Topics about Sports
- Violent video games: Are they that threatening?
- Will participating in sports keep a teen away from trouble?
- Is competition an efficient way to display your competence?
- Is doing sports helping students to change positively?
- Is the cheating menace uncontrollable?
- Which is the most dangerous sport?
- Does swimming train every group of muscles?
- What legal substitutes of steroids are available?
- Is cheerleading necessary during games?
- Which sporting activity is for the wealthy?
Samples of Argumentative Essay Topics for Middle School Students
- Should the violent lyrics contained in metal music be a reason for banning this genre of music?
- Which is the efficient way of punishing children?
- What is the ideal age to start dating?
- Should students critique and evaluate teachers?
- Should creationism be included into the programs in public schools?
- Which is the best genre of music to assist students to study?
- Females love romantic movies.
- Can you trace someone online?
- Can you make friends virtually?
- What is the significance of school uniforms?
Examples of Argumentative Essay Topics for High School Students
- The organization of the Chinese educational system
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling?
- Is the cost of higher education too high?
- Should the government control and monitor our nutrition?
- What are the benefits of going to a single-sex school?
- Is graffiti a form of art?
- Which social activity should be punished legally?
- Is the United States too sympathetic to Israel?
- Is India a real superpower?
- Advantages and disadvantages of globalization.
Examples of Health Related Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should there be alcohol consumption laws?
- The government should offer premium healthcare
- The role of curfews in keeping adolescents out of trouble
- What supplements can treat cancer?
- Are gay couples more at risk of HIV than straight pairs?
- The role of technological devices in causing cancer
- How much water should children and adults take in daily?
- How do vegetarians live without protein?
- Fast food and associated risks
- Self-diagnosis and self-treatment versus going to the hospital
Social Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should we accept rape and torture perpetrators back into the community?
- Should sexual offenders be given the death sentence?
- Should men be granted a paternity leave from work?
- Is age a significant aspect in relationships?
- Will reducing the price of condoms prevent teen pregnancy?
- How should naughty teens be treated?
- Which is the correct way of punishing failed parents?
- What causes Down’s syndrome?
- Should we embrace black PR?
- Abortion legalities
Do you want to find another topic? Feel free to contact us for more useful suggestion of essay topics.
Useful Tips on Writing Powerful Argumentative Essay
Write an excellent paper using the following strategies form our proficient writers:
- Write about various issues of contemporary life.
Do not go for fun and fiction topics in an argumentative essay since this curtails your ability to write realistic content. You ought to provide real-life examples of your work. Hence, go issues such as politics, sports, gender issues, and college/ school topics.
- Start your essay on a high note.
Hook the reader from the beginning to draw their attention to your work. To achieve this employ various literary styles such as literary quotes, rhetorical questions, and so forth. Using at least three hooks in your introduction is essential. Next time you are writing an introduction, factor in this advice.
- Avoid using the first-person in your article.
Do not write “I” and “we” in your essay. Nonetheless, if this is necessary, use the first-person to a small extent.
- Read all the literature that relates to your work to get ideas against your personal opinion.
This information will help you debate reasonably in your article ensuring that you provide points for and against a specific claim. Ensure that you source your information from credible sources only. Moreover, avoid topics that do not have opposing viewpoints.
- Do not shy away from coming up with your topic.
If you have a valid issue and you can provide sufficient arguments on it, then go with it. You can pick topics from various lists of ready themes.
- Ensure that your tone in the essay is unbiased throughout the essay.
Even when you are stating your point of view, make sure that you do not come off as biased. Use the following aspects to support the research you have conducted:
- Supportive arguments
- Clear criteria
- Expert feedback
- Finish your article with a strong call-to-action (CTA).
This approach will help you re-affirm your arguments to the reader. It provides the last push in ‘selling’ your article to the reader. Simply, you should strive to make them interested in furthering their discussion on their own even after they are done with the reading the writing. Your conclusion should start a fire in the audience prompting them to continue research on the matter.
- Remember to keep coming to this article whenever an idea slips your mind.
Students from across the world benefit from our argumentative essay tips each day.
Are you experiencing trouble with constant academic writing? Do you need educational services such as formatting? If you need professional help with argumentative essay topics, feel free to talk to us.
Do not torture your mind with academic discipline topics, writing style, research methods and so on. Take a break and check out the services purported by various scholarly writing companies. Just Google and voila! Experience professional essay writing help now!